Tuesday 22 January 2013

Blue Monday Motivation?

Yesterday was Blue Monday, supposedly the most depressing day of the new year. The weather's still bad, bills have started to come in after Christmas and most people are starting to give up on their resolutions.

At work if we meet or exceed our monthly targets the company buys us breakfast one day the following month. As we exceeded our annual 2012 target the management declared yesterday "summer in the city" we were bought breakfast and a buffet lunch and we had to dress up in summery clothes. In our team the girls were in summer dresses and the boys in shorts and even a couple of the guys had come dressed for cricket! We had inflatable parrots, pictures of palm trees up and even a lilo! Our efforts didn't go unrewarded and we won best dressed team. We will get a 2 hour brunch on the company sometime soon. I managed to join in foodwise too! I had beans on toast for breakfast and at the buffet they had vegan falafel wraps, crudite and houmous and some crisps.

When I weighed myself yesterday I had lost 2lbs! This is the first time since about November. So only 12lbs to target! Got a couple of weeks til I do my measurements so hopefully they will have improved too!

I also sold some clothes on eBay so this is helping towards my saving mission for the year. I have been trying to run down my cupboard and make as many meals from staples as I can. Lots of bean soups, breads and dips. This should also help towards the weight loss mission.

I had been very unmotivated with my studying. I started an assignment got stuck on the second question and gave up. I managed to write a few pages of notes on a chapter but haven't picked it up since. I spoke to my study buddy yesterday and we're meeting on weds so last night I managed to get my re-write done! Two of my colleagues are sitting the other unit I'm sitting in April so I think that will help with motivation. I have 7 assignments that need to be completed by 22nd March and I need to write up notes on 6 chapters. I have to book my exams by 27th Feb so hopefully I will be in much better place by then!

How are you getting on with your missions/goals for 2013? Have you started to waver or are you still going strong?

Let me know Vegheads

Until next time

Vgirl Xx

1 comment:

  1. That's so great that you were included in the feast! I've had hit-and-miss luck with office food. Most of the time they ordered from Pizza Hut so I was left with a couple of wedges - but sometimes they would organise a special selection of chinese/indian snacks and salad which was always brilliant!

    ReplyDelete