Sunday 13 January 2013

Jan 2013 Vegan Food Swap

This month I received my parcel from Christine, in my special requests I asked for no chocolate as I have loads left over from Christmas, and said I was interested in trying halva, coincidentally Christine had just returned from Turkey and had brought some home with her. She put together a nuts and seeds themed parcel and it was great!

Christine made me some almond cookies which tasted great and I've never received something homemade in my swap before. The halva contained pistachios, I tried a bit out of the packet which was great and then I looked online to see how it was supposed to be eaten, most people said just on its own so I grabbed my spoon and dived right in!
I had some instant porridge with brown sugar, nuts and dried fruit. Really easy, just add boiling water. Great for busy mornings.
Also in my parcel was some trail mix, I don't think this had a proper name in the UK just fruit and nuts. I think I'm gonna add this to my porridge otherwise I'll just munch through the packet in one sitting.
Last but not least was the smoked almonds, I love smokey flavours and this make a nice change to just salted nuts.
I sent my box to Zoe and she requested a healthy theme. She received miso noodles, chai green tea, mango yoyo's, berry nakd bar, mints, berry goji energy brownie, seed/fruit mix and vegan pesto.

I made some bread today, I just use the dough from a pizza recipe, with some houmous and edamame dip. All from cupboard/freezer store. Hopefully will do me a few lunches this week.

Vegan drinks this week organised by www.fatgayvegan.com at Tibits, can't believe its come around so quickly!

Hope you have a great healthy week

Until next time Vegheads

Vgirl Xx

2 comments:

  1. Smoked almonds sound good and I love halva. Nakd bars have a new flavour out, coffee and it is delicious. Xxx

    ReplyDelete